Below please find the Technology Committee meeting minutes from Jim Z. Thanks to all who attended and thanks to Jim Zaborowski for podcasting this meeting. If you would like to listen to the full meeting through the podcast, please go to http://www.urbana.k12.oh.us/HSzab/podcast/techcommjan2406.mp3
This will open the podcast (audio recording of the meeting) in a web browser and will play for you or you can save it to your desktop. I have been listening to it and it is a great way to review the meeting and a way to think of possible other educational uses. Thanks for doing this for us, Jim Z!!
----- Original Message -----
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:55:15 PM
Message From: Jim Zaborowski
Subject: tech meeting minutes
To: Gayle Geitgey
Tech Meeting January 24, 2006
1. Whats happening in Technology?
East students are using the Type to Learn program in the 3rd and 4th grades. 3rd grade just began this semester and 4th grade is continuing with both keyboarding and word processing
Local Students are using Yearly Progress Pro (ypp) to investigate deficiencies students have
within certain content standards.
North Earobics program received and training is planned
South have upgraded their Leap Pads which now offers better reporting features for the teacher to know what the student has accomplished
Junior High --Also using YPP. They have found a way to improve the interest of the kids in the program and also help them feel successful. They are waiting on the insurance company to begin replacing equipment damaged due to the electrical problems in December
High School Moodle server has been moved to the high school from an off-site location
- This meeting is being podcast....check out the tech committee page to download and/or listen to it.
Other the 3rd T-1 line is up and running
2. Technology Plan
a. Mission/Vision and We Believe passed by Board at Nov. 22 meeting
b. Next questionWhere are we going?
i. Tech Goals for 2005-06-how are we doing?
1. Teacher training for specific needs
- what do people want?
- DASL? wikis? blogs? podcasting?
2. Making technology part of classes - continual work in progress still being looked at
3. Tech applications in Science and Math
- suggested sending math/science people out to see what is available
4. Get a keyboarding lab up and running at Local
- floor plan is being worked on to increase computers from 13 to 24
- hope to be completed by September
ii. Tech Goals for 2006-07
1. Online courses may have to be pushed back a year as we haven't clarified mechanics behind courses
- Kendall Burcham has created a pilot course on web page creation.
2. We are starting to look at ways to get the community access to technology
- could open a lab up on a specific night(s)/time(s) for their usage.
- could invite senior citizens to come in to the elementary schools to help with teaching of tech.
3. Building Tech Specialists-main job is to help teachers accomplish integration of technology as needed for a specific lesson/goal
a. Kelli Marsh
b. Tim Mackey
c. Jen Groth
d. Corina Fain
e. Chuck Raterman
f. Jim Zaborowski
4. Technology Curriculum CouncilFeb. 21
a. Consider technology lessons available on ODE Instructional Management System
- check out [ http://www.ode.state.oh.us ]http://www.ode.state.oh.us under TOPIC tab look for IMS and this will take you to standards based lessons
5. Next Meeting: April 4, 2006 at 3:45